Summer salad with super foods-quinoa and beans! Eat a rainbow of fresh flavors, colors, and nutrients, with this refreshing salad, replete with crunchy, mildly caramelized onions, sweet, sliced apricots, and garden fresh, spring greens. Cash in on the warm weather and enjoy eating this salad al fresco! The tartness of the cherry tomatoes is complemented with the mildly sweet, but tangy, home-made peach dressing that looks and tastes like you slaved over it, but can be made in a snap! It’s rich, creamy flavor belies its caloric content and will have your fussiest family members flocking back for more.
Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are confused with all the conflicting messages you get bombarded with every day on carbs, fats, proteins, gluten and anything you can think of related to nutrition, look no further! The purpose of my blog is to cut through all this clutter, utilizing scientific, evidence based guidelines to help you, the consumer, navigate the complex, dietary landscape, and thus empower you to make informed decisions.
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Antioxidants (3)
- Carbohydrates (8)
- Fiber (4)
- Diabetes (2)
- Digestive health (4)
- Fat functions (1)
- Fat types (4)
- Food and brain health (1)
- Get cooking (39)
- Mobile applications (1)
- Probiotics (3)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Weight management (1)
- Follow Web Dietitian on WordPress.com
- Spring greens, apricots and quinoa salad with easy, peachy dressing! Vegan, gluten-free.
- Gut friendly, Very-Berry Yogurt Parfait
- Spinach-pesto pasta salad with fresh, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes
- Scrumptious, spicy, shrimp stir- fry
- Light and savory dumplings: Momos, vegan.
- The low-down on lycopene: Find loads of it in this spicy-tangy, tomato chutney!
- Sweet potato noodles with broccoli, mushrooms and garlicky marinara sauce; gluten free
- Quinoa-Chickpea stew with carrots, tomatoes, and a hint of basil
- If You’ve Replaced Olive Oil with Coconut Oil, You Must Read This
- Chocolate in a nut shell: Some delicious facts you should know!
Top Posts & Pages
Food and Nutrition magazine’s Stone Soup Blogger
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets