Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are confused with all the conflicting messages you get bombarded with every day on carbs, fats, proteins, gluten and anything you can think of related to nutrition, look no further! The purpose of my blog is to cut through all this clutter, utilizing scientific, evidence based guidelines to help you, the consumer, navigate the complex, dietary landscape, and thus empower you to make informed decisions.
- May 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (1)
- July 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- September 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (4)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (5)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (3)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (2)
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Antioxidants (8)
- Carbohydrates (13)
- Fiber (9)
- Diabetes (3)
- Digestive health (6)
- Fat functions (1)
- Fat types (4)
- Food and brain health (3)
- Get cooking (48)
- Mobile applications (1)
- Probiotics (3)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Weight management (2)
- Follow Web Dietitian on WordPress.com
Instagram postsWarm up to a bubbling hot bowl of this butternut squash soup, bursting with flavor and #antioxidants from #tumeric, butternut #squash, #cilantro, and #garlic!!!Restaurant style #broccoli-cheddar #soup, without the restaurant style calories! You’ll have the guests slurping this #soup straight out of the bowl, its that good!!A #salad bulging with goodness! #Bulgur salad with tangy lime juice dressing! Delciously simple!The classic bread pudding without the classic calories! Recipe on the blog
- Summer salad w/awesome, avocado dressing, vegetarian, gluten free!
- The whole grain-gut connection: Warm, roasted eggplant salad with whole wheat couscous and cranberries.
- Nutrition Experts Podcast with Mathea Ford, RD, MBA: You can alter your brain’s chemistry at any age!
- For the love of chocolate: Waist-watcher’s molten chocolate cake. Valentine’s special.
- Carrot-lentil soup with fresh, ginger-root. Gluten-free, vegan.
- Simply savory, roasted vegetables with thyme! Gluten-free, vegan.
- Spicy, black bean burger with cilantro and a light, yogurt sauce
- Cool and crispy arugula salad with pomegranate, tossed with a sweet and tangy mustard dressing, gluten free.
- Mango-yogurt mousse-say hello to spring!!
- The Asian Paradox: What puts Asians and South Asians at a higher risk for Type 2 diabetes!
Top Posts & Pages
- The low-down on lycopene: Find loads of it in this spicy-tangy, tomato chutney!
- Sweet, steamed rice dumplings: The Classic Modak recipe
- Chew on this: The Fibrous Facts!!
- Putting the "whole" back into grains. Saying no to "refined"!
- Tirangi (tricolor) modak (sweet, steamed rice dumpling with coconut and jaggery), Vegan, gluten free.
- For the love of chocolate: Waist-watcher's molten chocolate cake. Valentine's special.
- Banana-Carrot (Holiday) bites! Vegan.
- Mexican chicken- black bean- tortilla soup and an Iron Primer.
Food and Nutrition magazine’s Stone Soup Blogger
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2016
The stunning truth about your gut!! Did you know that the little critters in your gut may be calling the shots when it comes to your health?? From gaining or losing weight, allergies, inflammatory bowel disorders, diabetes, and would you believe it-food … Continue reading
A pesto sauce that pops with flavor and nutrients! Nothing spells spring and summer like tender, fresh, sweet corn, served straight off of the cob. Shallots, garlic and walnuts sautéed in olive oil, and then blended into the pesto sauce, add an unexpected, and … Continue reading