Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are confused with all the conflicting messages you get bombarded with every day on carbs, fats, proteins, gluten and anything you can think of related to nutrition, look no further! The purpose of my blog is to cut through all this clutter, utilizing scientific, evidence based guidelines to help you, the consumer, navigate the complex, dietary landscape, and thus empower you to make informed decisions.
- April 2020 (2)
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (1)
- July 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- September 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (4)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (5)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (3)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (2)
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Antioxidants (11)
- Carbohydrates (16)
- Fiber (12)
- Diabetes (3)
- Digestive health (7)
- Fat functions (1)
- Fat types (4)
- Food and brain health (3)
- Get cooking (49)
- Mobile applications (1)
- Probiotics (5)
- Short chain fatty acids (1)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Weight management (4)
- Follow Web Dietitian on WordPress.com
- Fighting with your fork: Nutrition in the fore front in the fight against Coronavirus
- Antioxidants: Ammunition against disease?
- Ditch the diet and start living!
- Spicy, stuffed peppers with kale and quinoa, vegetarian, gluten-free.
- Tirangi (tricolor) modak (sweet, steamed rice dumpling with coconut and jaggery), Vegan, gluten free.
- Summer salad w/awesome, avocado dressing, vegetarian, gluten free!
- The whole grain-gut connection: Warm, roasted eggplant salad with whole wheat couscous and cranberries.
- Nutrition Experts Podcast with Mathea Ford, RD, MBA: You can alter your brain’s chemistry at any age!
- For the love of chocolate: Waist-watcher’s molten chocolate cake. Valentine’s special.
- Carrot-lentil soup with fresh, ginger-root. Gluten-free, vegan.
Top Posts & Pages
- A pocket full of beans! Sprouted lentil pita pockets: lacto-vegetarian
- Putting the "whole" back into grains. Saying no to "refined"!
- Got Farro??! Move over, quinoa....Farro-bean salad with garlic and cumin, vegan.
- The Asian Paradox: What puts Asians and South Asians at a higher risk for Type 2 diabetes!
- Sweet, steamed rice dumplings: The Classic Modak recipe
Food and Nutrition magazine’s Stone Soup Blogger
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Food and brain health
The awesome avocado: High in heart-healthy, mono-unsaturated fats, rich in potassium, and with a hefty serving of fiber, this fruit ( yes, avocados are fruits), is just brimming with goodness, coming pretty close I dare say, to what I would … Continue reading
Hi fellow-bloggers and readers, Last month I was interviewed by Mathea Ford, RD, MBA, on her weekly “Nutrition experts podcast”, on the topic of how modifiable risk factors such as diet and exercise can actually change your brain! Emerging … Continue reading
Can you eat and exercise your way to a smart brain? Don’t miss the results of promising new research!
Brain boosting foods: A slew of research in experimental animal models as well as human beings demonstrates that certain dietary components may actually impact brain function and cognitive ability, opening up novel and exciting approaches to manipulate one’s diet to enhance memory and cognitive … Continue reading