Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are confused with all the conflicting messages you get bombarded with every day on carbs, fats, proteins, gluten and anything you can think of related to nutrition, look no further! The purpose of my blog is to cut through all this clutter, utilizing scientific, evidence based guidelines to help you, the consumer, navigate the complex, dietary landscape, and thus empower you to make informed decisions.
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Antioxidants (3)
- Carbohydrates (8)
- Fiber (4)
- Diabetes (2)
- Digestive health (4)
- Fat functions (1)
- Fat types (4)
- Food and brain health (1)
- Get cooking (40)
- Mobile applications (1)
- Probiotics (3)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Weight management (1)
- Follow Web Dietitian on WordPress.com
- Tirangi (tricolor) modak (sweet, steamed rice dumpling with coconut and jaggery), Vegan, gluten free.
- Spring greens, apricots and quinoa salad with easy, peachy dressing! Vegan, gluten-free.
- Gut friendly, Very-Berry Yogurt Parfait
- Spinach-pesto pasta salad with fresh, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes
- Scrumptious, spicy, shrimp stir- fry
- Light and savory dumplings: Momos, vegan.
- The low-down on lycopene: Find loads of it in this spicy-tangy, tomato chutney!
- Sweet potato noodles with broccoli, mushrooms and garlicky marinara sauce; gluten free
- Quinoa-Chickpea stew with carrots, tomatoes, and a hint of basil
- If You’ve Replaced Olive Oil with Coconut Oil, You Must Read This
Top Posts & Pages
Food and Nutrition magazine’s Stone Soup Blogger
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: antioxidants phytonutrients
As crocuses start peeking from behind fronds of grass, lawns turn a lush green again, and the unmistakable sights and sounds of spring fill the cool, crisp, New England air, my heart fills with joy as I look forward to … Continue reading
Roasted squash with citrus dressing: The refreshingly tangy and mildly sweet, citrus dressing used in this dish, makes a perfect foil for the earthy flavor of the roasted butternut squash. The fresh, pomegranate seeds add a pleasing crunch, and their vibrant, … Continue reading