Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are confused with all the conflicting messages you get bombarded with every day on carbs, fats, proteins, gluten and anything you can think of related to nutrition, look no further! The purpose of my blog is to cut through all this clutter, utilizing scientific, evidence based guidelines to help you, the consumer, navigate the complex, dietary landscape, and thus empower you to make informed decisions.
- August 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (1)
- July 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- September 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (4)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (5)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (3)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (2)
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Antioxidants (8)
- Carbohydrates (13)
- Fiber (9)
- Diabetes (3)
- Digestive health (6)
- Fat functions (1)
- Fat types (4)
- Food and brain health (3)
- Get cooking (48)
- Mobile applications (1)
- Probiotics (3)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Weight management (2)
- Follow Web Dietitian on WordPress.com
Instagram postsWarm up to a bubbling hot bowl of this butternut squash soup, bursting with flavor and #antioxidants from #tumeric, butternut #squash, #cilantro, and #garlic!!!Restaurant style #broccoli-cheddar #soup, without the restaurant style calories! You’ll have the guests slurping this #soup straight out of the bowl, its that good!!A #salad bulging with goodness! #Bulgur salad with tangy lime juice dressing! Delciously simple!The classic bread pudding without the classic calories! Recipe on the blog
- Tirangi (tricolor) modak (sweet, steamed rice dumpling with coconut and jaggery), Vegan, gluten free.
- Summer salad w/awesome, avocado dressing, vegetarian, gluten free!
- The whole grain-gut connection: Warm, roasted eggplant salad with whole wheat couscous and cranberries.
- Nutrition Experts Podcast with Mathea Ford, RD, MBA: You can alter your brain’s chemistry at any age!
- For the love of chocolate: Waist-watcher’s molten chocolate cake. Valentine’s special.
- Carrot-lentil soup with fresh, ginger-root. Gluten-free, vegan.
- Simply savory, roasted vegetables with thyme! Gluten-free, vegan.
- Spicy, black bean burger with cilantro and a light, yogurt sauce
- Cool and crispy arugula salad with pomegranate, tossed with a sweet and tangy mustard dressing, gluten free.
- Mango-yogurt mousse-say hello to spring!!
Top Posts & Pages
- The Asian Paradox: What puts Asians and South Asians at a higher risk for Type 2 diabetes!
- Apple-cinnamon-flaxseed kefir: Is kefir the new super food??!
- The classic bread pudding without the classic calories!!
- Hot and sour paalak (spinach) with peanuts: gluten free,vegan.
- What's cooking?!
- Fiber spotlight: Lentil and black bean soup: gluten free, vegan
- Fiber: What you cannot digest, is as important as what you can!
- Multi grain, (multi-nutrient) pancake with winter squash, spinach and sesame seeds.
- Harvesting fall's bounty: Apple, ginger and butternut squash soup, gluten free.
Food and Nutrition magazine’s Stone Soup Blogger
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: insulin resistance
The Asian Paradox: What every Asian must know! Type 2 diabetes is among the fastest growing diseases in the world due to a combination of unfavorable changes in modifiable risk factors and a high genetic susceptibility in certain populations. Asia … Continue reading
The sugar debate, (reminiscent of the fat debate) rages on with folks on either side of the aisle taking strong positions, as is true with most debates- especially those waged over politics, religion and of course…food! The shocking truth: What, … Continue reading