Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are confused with all the conflicting messages you get bombarded with every day on carbs, fats, proteins, gluten and anything you can think of related to nutrition, look no further! The purpose of my blog is to cut through all this clutter, utilizing scientific, evidence based guidelines to help you, the consumer, navigate the complex, dietary landscape, and thus empower you to make informed decisions.
- February 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (1)
- July 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- September 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (4)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (5)
- October 2015 (3)
- September 2015 (3)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (3)
- March 2015 (2)
Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Antioxidants (6)
- Carbohydrates (11)
- Fiber (7)
- Diabetes (3)
- Digestive health (6)
- Fat functions (1)
- Fat types (4)
- Food and brain health (2)
- Get cooking (48)
- Mobile applications (1)
- Probiotics (3)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Weight management (2)
- Follow Web Dietitian on WordPress.com
Instagram postsWarm up to a bubbling hot bowl of this butternut squash soup, bursting with flavor and #antioxidants from #tumeric, butternut #squash, #cilantro, and #garlic!!!Restaurant style #broccoli-cheddar #soup, without the restaurant style calories! You’ll have the guests slurping this #soup straight out of the bowl, its that good!!A #salad bulging with goodness! #Bulgur salad with tangy lime juice dressing! Delciously simple!The classic bread pudding without the classic calories! Recipe on the blog
- Nutrition Experts Podcast with Mathea Ford, RD, MBA: You can alter your brain’s chemistry at any age!
- For the love of chocolate: Waist-watcher’s molten chocolate cake. Valentine’s special.
- Carrot-lentil soup with fresh, ginger-root. Gluten-free, vegan.
- Simply savory, roasted vegetables with thyme! Gluten-free, vegan.
- Spicy, black bean burger with cilantro and a light, yogurt sauce
- Mango-yogurt mousse-say hello to spring!!
- The Asian Paradox: What puts Asians and South Asians at a higher risk for Type 2 diabetes!
- A salad bulging with goodness: Bulgur with scallions and cucumbers, vegan.
- Six, must-read strategies to lose weight and get into the pink of health this New Year!
Top Posts & Pages
- Apple-cinnamon-flaxseed kefir: Is kefir the new super food??!
- Complete meal on a plate: American Chop suey, Indian style
- Fiber: What you cannot digest, is as important as what you can!
- Sizzling Soups
- Gut friendly, Very-Berry Yogurt Parfait
- Pesto with a twist: Roasted red pepper sauce with basil and parmesan
- Reduced calorie, broccoli-cheddar soup, gluten-free
- Cracking the coconut and saturated fat controversy!
Food and Nutrition magazine’s Stone Soup Blogger
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: turmeric
As winter grips part of the nation with its icy fingers, nothing spells cozy comfort as much as a steaming, hot bowl of soup to combat the cold, and this carrot-lentil soup does not disappoint! The tantalizing aroma of fresh … Continue reading
Spicy butternut squash soup with turmeric: Bidding a delicious farewell to fall with this ravishing, butternut squash soup: finger-licking good, and just as good for you! As fall turns inevitably to winter, I am tempted to cash in on … Continue reading
For the love of chocolate! With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I have had visions of chocolate laden desserts dancing in my head for several days now. Yes, I may be a dietitian, but that does not make me immune to … Continue reading