Good nutrition does not have to be complicated or boring! My recipes reflect the fundamental theme of this blog. Eat real food that is whole and unprocessed. In so doing, you get a plethora of nutrients that work in concert with each other. So click on the recipes below and eat your way to good health!
Sangeeta Pradhan, RD, LDN, CDE
Starters and salads
- Baby Spinach salad with radishes, walnuts and strawberry mint dressing
- Carrot salad with sesame seeds and fresh lime juice; gluten-free, vegan
- Cucumber boats with low-fat cottage cheese and fresh dill
- Roasted butternut squash with pomegranate and citrus dressing; gluten-free, vegan
Soups and beverages:
- Fiber spotlight: Lentil and black bean soup: gluten-free, vegan
- Simply strawberlicious smoothie: strawberry lassi. Drink to your health!
- Falling for fall’s flavors: Pumpkin-garlic-sage soup served in pumpkin shells. Gluten free.
- Mexican-chicken-bean tortilla soup
Center stage: Main dishes/ Entrees
- A pocket full of beans! Sprouted lentil pita pockets: lacto-vegetarian
- Complete meal on a plate: American Chop suey, Indian style.
- Pesto with a twist: Roasted red pepper sauce with basil and parmesan; lacto- vegetarian
- Red rice with caramelized onions and corn. Gluten free,vegan.
- Go fish!: Authentic, home -style Indian fish curry, reduced calorie version
- Indian-style chickpeas with a tomato-onion sauce; gluten-free, vegan
- Hot and sour paalak (spinach with peanuts)
- Quinoa-Chickpea stew with carrots, tomatoes, and a hint of basil
Side dishes :
- Broccoli with garlic and red pepper flakes; gluten-free, vegan
- Eggs, anyone? : Baked omelette with potato and spinach
- Multi grain, (multi-nutrient) pancake with winter squash, spinach and sesame seeds.; lacto-vegetarian.
- Holiday brunch: Easy, veggie fritata, gluten free.
- Sweet potato noodles with broccoli, mushrooms and garlicky marinara sauce; gluten free.
- Sweet-steamed-rice-dumplings-the-classic-modak-recipe; vegan, gluten-free
- Melon steeped in minty lemonade; gluten-free, vegan
- Pumpkin, beetroot and carrot pudding-Navaratri special, gluten-free
- Kesar (saffron)-mango halwa. A Diwali special!
- The classic bread pudding without the classic calories!!
- For the love of chocolate: Waist-watcher’s molten chocolate cake. Valentine’s
Disclaimer: This blog is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian for recommendations tailored for your unique needs. This site may display advertisements from a third party advertising network. The display of such advertisements is not intended to be an endorsement of the advertisements or any products or services associated with the advertisements. I am not being compensated for any products or services which might be mentioned on this website.